Quantcast

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Martini's Rainbow



Recently one of my early book 3 students told me of her clever way to remember all the parts of Martini's Gavotte. My student Kori uses a rainbow to remember the music sections in between the main "A" theme. I wanted to share this idea with you.
  • "A" theme
  • Red: B theme
  • "A" theme
  • Orange: C theme
  • "A" theme
  • Yellow: D theme
  • "A" theme
  • Green (orange): E theme; my student has a streak of Orange running through the green swath to remind her of the similarities between the green and orange themes
  • "A" theme
  • Blue: F theme
  • "A" theme
Here is a picture of Kori's rainbow rendition. The clouds represent the "A" theme.

Kori's Martini Gavotte Rainbow
Remembering the parts of Martini's Gavotte can be tricky for many students. I hope that Kori's rainbow idea will help other students to conquer this repertoire piece.

Happy Practicing!

----- Paula -----


© 2016 by Paula E. Bird



No comments:

Post a Comment