- temperature issues
- how should we take care of our instruments with the change of season?
- are there any special considerations related to our instruments that might be good at this time of year?
- how about giving the instruments their own "spa days"? have the piano tuned, change the instrument's strings, rehair the bow, buy new rosin
- cleaning and reorganizing
- time to clean the studio, the practice area, the lesson bag and notebooks
- can we reorganize our teaching or practicing space to give it a facelift?
- how about a major and thorough cleaning of the carpets or furniture?
- how about cleaning and polishing the instrument
- replace the artwork on the walls with either something new or rearranging the display
- file away all music laying around the studio
- repairs and maintenance
- anything need repairing
- anything need replacing
- anything need culling and disposing, like cleaning out the studio toy box, throwing away broken or unused toys (or donating them), and disinfecting
- shopping list
- replenish the studio supplies for cleaning, teaching
- do we need new filing cabinets for music or other files
- new studio lessons
- rework the studio policies or studio handbook for new students
- fee structure: stay the course or change
- next year or season planning
- new students
- teaching schedule
- practice handbooks
- practice incentive ideas
Until next time,
----- Paula -----
© 2016 by Paula E. Bird