Quantcast

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Monday Morning Check In: Letters from your Past

Today's Morning Morning Check In will be a little different. If you don't already know about this, then let me introduce you to http://futureme.org. This is going to be fun!

This organization will send you an email in the future that you write today. So here's how it will work. Sit down this morning and figure out a time period: 60 days, 90 days, 6 months, or 1 year. Then go to the site and write yourself an email describing what your life will look like in the time period that you selected. When that date comes, you will receive your email, and you can compare how you did.

Here are some questions to get your creative juices flowing:

(1) what major projects would you have finished in that time frame?

(2) what major events will have taken place?

(3) how much money will you have earned?

(4) what new habits would you have created?

(5) what decisions would you have made?

(6) what will you have accomplished?

(7) where would you have travelled?

(8) what people would you have met?

(9) what new things would you have started?

(10) what old things would you have gotten rid of or stopped doing?

I have a writing project that I told myself I could complete in the next 60 days, so I'm going to send myself an email about this and set it to arrive 60 days from now. I expect that my knowing the email will come in the future might be enough to keep me moving ahead in my work. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment